Garmaine Staff asked 3 years ago

When re-opening walls for plumbing, electrical changes I elected to remove whole drywall panels, when replacing these with new panels should I present a tapered edge to the previously finished edge? Or does it now count as a "butt edge" and should I cut the drywall for a butt-to-butt edge?

I'm reading that it's more difficult to finish a taper-to-butt seam.

In one case the paper tape came up easily, should I do elsewhere?

I'll be hiring a taper/mudder to re-finish these seams.